If you have a life-threatening medical condition, call 000 and ask for an ambulance.
If you have an urgent medical condition, you can present at the Emergency Department of Mount Gambier and Districts Health Service. You will then be seen by the resident medical officer to collect information and assess your illness or injury.
Kindly note; there may be a waiting period before you are attended to as you will be seen according to the severity of your illness and not in order of attendance.
If possible, please bring with you:
- Your Medicare Card
- Entitlement Cards (i.e. health care; pension; veterans; safety net)
- Private Health Insurance details
- A list of your current medications
- Any x-rays/ultrasounds/scans that may be related to your condition.
Your employment contact details if your condition is covered by Workers’ Compensation
- The name of your General Practitioner (GP)